The Facilities Management Department is responsible for planning and construction, renovations, facilities maintenance and operations, hospital facilities maintenance, utilities and thermal plant operations, custodial and grounds services, recycling, and general business services including shuttle and fleet operations. It is responsible for a 14 million square-foot multi-campus facility, a $64 million annual operating budget, a $35 million average annual capital renewal program, and a $1.1 billion, six-year major construction program.
Facilities Management Mission
Support UT Southwestern’s tripartite mission by providing patients, students, faculty, staff, and the community with reliable, flexible, and efficient facilities and comprehensive services through collaborative partnerships.
Facilities Management Vision
Recognized as an organization that sets the benchmark for excellence in advancing UT Southwestern’s reputation as a nationally renowned academic medical center, research institution, and health care provider of choice.
We will achieve this by:
- Demonstrating facilities excellence to the next generation of caregivers.
- Being a trusted team member and partner.
- Enhancing cross departmental and functional collaboration and communication.
- Aligning organizational structure, processes and services to support a premier academic Medical Center.
- Optimizing the use of resources.
The Department has six major divisions:
- Building Maintenance and Operations
- Hospital Facilities Maintenance and Operations
- Utilities and Energy Management
- Facilities Planning, Design and Construction
- Capital Improvement Program
- General Services
Service – Dedicated to achieving excellence in the provision of services and support
Efficiencies – Maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes
Respect – Respect through actions that affirm the dignity of the person
Value – Valued and trusted team member
Integrity – Strive to do what’s right and provide credible information
Commitment – Committed to compliance and protecting the privacy of patients, staff, and visitors
Empowerment – Empower staff to be innovative, collaborative, and transparent