Medical Student & Resident Education
Third-Year Pediatric Rotations
- Cardiology inpatient rotations with three medical students throughout the year
- Pediatric Cardiology Clinic Days
Fourth-Year Electives in Pediatric Cardiology
- Cardiac Outpatient Clinic Rotation
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit Rotation
- Cardiac Imaging Rotation (MRI, CT, Echocardiography)
The Division of Pediatric Cardiology plays a major role in training pediatric residents. Training occurs at many levels.
- Three interns and one senior resident typically participate on the cardiology inpatient service, caring for patients on a 22-bed cardiology floor with the supervision of the attending cardiologist.
- An elective is available for residents to rotate in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit.
- One or two second- or third-year residents typically train in the Cardiology Outpatient Clinic under the supervision of the attending cardiologists.