Clinical Informatics Center
The UT Southwestern Clinical Informatics Center is the leader in developing, implementing, and evaluating effective Clinical Informatics solutions for those in health care and the people/patients that they serve and in educating future clinical informaticians.
- General Clinical Informatics
- Consumer Informatics
- Knowledge Architecture
- Clinical Decision Support
- People, Organizations, and Technology Research
- Analytics and Modeling
The Clinical Informatics Center at UT Southwestern hosts the Clinical Informatics Research Colloquium to highlight the great work done at UT Southwestern in the clinical informatics space.
Education & Mentorship
The Clinical Informatics Center facilitates collaboration, mentoring, and networking opportunities for the entire UT Southwestern community.
Learn more about our newly established Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI) program at UT Southwestern that will enhance learners' academic experiences and better prepare them for the technological shifts happening in health care. The two-year master’s degree program will be administered through the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences beginning this fall.
The Clinical Informatics Center sponsors an Enrichment Elective in Clinical Informatics in Medicine in the fall semester for the UT Southwestern Medical School. Medical students learn about the field of Clinical Informatics by:
- Introducing them to key leaders at UT Southwestern
- Walking them through the process of model development
- Discussing key challenges in the field.
MD Student Informatics Interest Group
The MD student Informatics Interest Group meets monthly. The mission of this group is to introduce medical students to the field of clinical informatics and biomedical informatics. It aims to:
- Increase overall awareness to the field of informatics
- Promote faculty and mentor relationships
- Connect students with national and local organizations, conferences, symposiums, and hackathons.
To achieve these goals, the group will host talks, provide networking opportunities to engage with faculty and mentors, and facilitate participation to attend national conferences.