What to Know About COVID-19
Search By Keyword
Forecasting for DFW
UT Southwestern’s COVID-19 current state analysis and forecasting model illustrates how COVID-19 is spreading across DFW based on real patient data we have received from Collin, Dallas, Denton, and Tarrant counties.View Latest Model (August 4)
This site was last updated on Aug. 8, 2020.
Clements University Hospital
The total cases at Clements University Hospital as of Aug. 8
The total cases on campus during the week of July 31–Aug. 6
UTSW campus employee population is 19,000.
Recognizing and Addressing Racial Bias in Science Webinar, Aug. 17
UT Southwestern’s Office of Faculty Diversity & Development/Office of Women’s Careers invites you to join a webinar exploring racial bias in science. This important event will feature thoughts from Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs, Provost and Dean, Dr. W. P. Andrew Lee, and the perspectives of faculty members Drs. Helen Yin, Russell DeBose-Boyd, Joseph Takahashi, Ryan Hibbs, Ian Corbin, Rene Galindo, and Elisabeth Martinez. Please register in advance and join us at 4 p.m. Monday, Aug. 17.
Submit Your Questions for the President’s Weekly Briefing by Noon Monday
Remember to send your questions for UT Southwestern President Dr. Daniel K. Podolsky’s next weekly briefing by noon Monday to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Question for the President” as the subject line. Answers to any questions not addressed during the audio briefing will be posted online.
New ‘What To Know’ with Dr. Shivani Patel on Pregnancy and COVID-19
What is it like to be a new or expectant mom in the time of COVID-19? In the latest “What To Know,” Dr. John Warner asks a new mom about her experience being pregnant and delivering her baby. Dr. Shivani Patel, Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, also joins Dr. Warner to offer advice for expectant moms facing the double uncertainty of pregnancy and a pandemic.
How Can You Help Make UT Southwestern Even Better?
At UT Southwestern, our commitment to excellence runs deep. While we take great pride in our strong performance in the annual U.S. News & World Report rankings, we know that the UTSW community is not motivated by rankings, but by the opportunity to deliver high-quality care to our patients and families, perform groundbreaking research, and train the next generation to provide a brighter, healthier future for all. Our people make our success possible, so we want to hear from you: How can you help make UT Southwestern the best it can be?
Upcoming Virtual Sessions
- Employee Appreciation Week: Aug. 10-14
- Faculty Peer Support Lounge: Aug. 10, noon
- Library Key Class Series: Expert Database Searching: Aug. 11, 1 p.m.
- Recognizing and Addressing Racial Bias in Science: Aug. 17, 4 p.m.
- 2020 Virtual Heart Walk: Sept. 12
For more, see the UTSW Events Calendar.
Featured COVID-19 Resources
You Can Help Fight COVID-19 in Your Community
For Everyone – Well or Sick
Download the COVID Symptom Tracker and take 1 minute each day to:
- Report your health daily even if you feel well
- Get a daily estimate of COVID in your area
- Help slow the outbreak near you
For Health Care Workers
- Share clinical and life experiences in order to understand the perspectives and problems faced by those on the COVID-19 pandemic front lines
- Unite with other American health care workers to facilitate rapid-cycle research, including an upcoming large study of hydroxychloroquine’s effectiveness in preventing coronavirus infections in health care workers