The integrated nature of UT Southwestern’s three missions and our ability to recruit premier scientists allow for basic discovery and translational research, clinical trials, and the development of new therapies for disease.
- 5,800+ protocols
- 500 labs
- 1,000+ clinical trials
Investigations into neuroscience, cancer, heart disease, and many other fields keep UT Southwestern at the forefront of medical progress.
Globally Ranked by Nature Index in Scientific Research
- #1 in the world in health care category for published research
- #5 in the world for research that drives further innovation
- New class of cholesterol-lowering drugs
- First obesity drug approved by FDA in 15 years
- New kidney cancer drug in clinical trials
- Muscular dystrophy cure in development